quinta-feira, 30 de janeiro de 2020

The Gift Of Faith



Bill was a drinkin man
Lost his mind in many ways
He lost himself and filled his grave
But than one day he found the faith

I had my days before I met him
Thought love was really a losing game
Spend night and day selling my soul
But than one day I found it faith

I broke my heart in thousand bars
In many man and many woman 
In drinking happiness and drinking battles
Couldn’t sleep for days and nights

Down on my knees a thousand times
I begged for mercy every time
Oh, lord, have mercy on this poor sad soul
I couldn’t get out of this deep black hole

Thought I could heal my soul in one more dose 
Thought I could string myself being alone
And like Bill did, I tried to run
And found ouselfs in the end of the road

Bill looked at me, deep in the eyes, and said
Come with me child
And than again I understand 
That God was a ramble man

He sang for me a song ‘bout faith
He gave me strength and new shoes to walk
I sang along, just for today, I preach
He heals my feet and show me the way
Opened my eyes and closed my grave

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário